• FIBRA colectivo finalista COAL Art and Environment Prize
• Desbosque: desenterrando señales FIBRA colectivo at Museo de Arte Contemporáneo Lima, Abr 15 - Ago 1
• Artist Talk FIBRA Colectivo, Universidad Católica del Perú, May 27
• Negar el Desierto [group show] MAC Lima, May 27 - Oct 17
• Assembly, PSU Art + Social Practice, June 7, 1pm (PDT)
• Artist Talk, Interdisciplinary Seminar, Caltech University, May 20
• Conversatorio Desbosque: desenterrando señales Museo de Arte Contemporáneo Lima, 12 mayo, 7pm.
• Presentation of Space Potato Academy at KSMoCA May 6, 10am (PDT)
• After Dark Online: Art + Science, Exploratorium, San Francisco, March 4
• Artist Talk, Global Contemporary Art class, Art Center, March 15
• Artist Talk, Art & Ecology class, SUNY, March 22
• Artist Talk, KSMoCA, Jan 14, 10 am (PDT)
• Artist-in-residence at PSU’s Art and Social Practice MFA, 2020-2021
• Artist-in-residence at KSMoCA 2020-2021
Unearthing Futures is a collaboration with Xin Liu that asks who gets to go to space? Who even gets to imagine themselves going to space?
Mixed media // 2017-ongoing
"Ways of being are emergent effects of encounters" Anna Tsing
Plants, trees and people // 2010-ongoing
Found tree limbs + second hand shoes // 2015, 2016
Installation of plants connected to the human organ system, a drawing table with speakers and a pen attached to a contact microphone // 2013
Fabric, water-soluble and permanent markers, thread, appliqués, ribbons // 2008-2009
[experimental] Conversations between people speaking in foreign languages // 2013-2015
Lucia Monge is a Peruvian artist with a background in education and art + science collaboration. Her work explores the way humans position ourselves within the natural world and relate to other living beings, especially plants. For the past nine years she has organized Plantón Móvil, a yearly “walking forest” performance that leads to the creation of public green areas. This year it was organized in collaboration with the Queens Museum, NYC Parks, John Bowne Highschool and local community groups and supported by Citywide Nursery and the Queens Botanical Garden.
Monge has exhibited in South America, Europe, and the United States as well as at the United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP20). She has presented her work in conferences including Performance Climates at Melbourne University and Open Engagement at the Queens Museum and has been included in publications such as Global Performance Issues and MoMA’s Uneven Growth as well as in the popular press.
Lucia holds a BFA from Universidad Católica del Peru and a MFA from Rhode Island School of Design. She taught Design in Experimental + Foundation Studies at RISD and Studio Foundation and 3D Foundations in the Visual Arts Department at Brown University. She has recently relocated to Portland, Oregon.