• Mientras una Hoja Respira (While a Leaf Breathes) solo show at ArtYard, Oct 28 — Jan 28
• Mientras una Hoja Respira (While a Leaf Breathes) at Hampshire College Art Gallery, Feb 15 — March 22
• FIBRA Colectivo in The Work of Art in the Age of Planetary Destruction edited by David Osrin and Aarathi Prasad.
• Plantón Móvil on the archival issue of CSPA Quarterly from the Centre for Sustainable Arts, edited by Jaime Morra and Evelyn O'Malley
• Lucia Monge Collaborates With Living Organisms for While a Leaf Breathes Hyperallergic, Nov 8
• INTER/INTRA (2023) group show at Wave Pool, Nov 11 - Dec 16
• el destello de algo más FIBRA Colectivo in group show with Terremoto. Mexico DF, Nov 18 - Dec 18
• FIBRA's work featured in Yasmine Ostendorf's book "Let's Become Fungal! Mycelium Teachings and the Arts"
“Desbosque” es una bioinstalación que transmite el ritmo de la deforestación en Ucayali, Perú.
Desbosque is a fungi broadcast of deforestation in Ucayali, Peru.
Unearthing Futures is a collaboration with Xin Liu that asks who gets to go to space? Who even gets to imagine themselves going to space?
Mixed media // 2017-ongoing
"Ways of being are emergent effects of encounters" Anna Tsing
Plants, trees and people // 2010-ongoing
Found tree limbs + second hand shoes // 2015, 2016
Installation of plants connected to the human organ system, a drawing table with speakers and a pen attached to a contact microphone // 2013
Fabric, water-soluble and permanent markers, thread, appliqués, ribbons // 2008-2009
[experimental] Conversations between people speaking in foreign languages // 2013-2015
Lucia Monge is a Peruvian artist whose work explores the ways humans position ourselves within the natural world and relate to other living beings, especially plants. For the past 13 years she has organized Plantón Móvil, a yearly “walking forest” performance that has led to the creation of green spaces in Lima, London, Minneapolis, Providence, New York, and Paris. Other recent projects include exploring vulnerability through plant respiration, a "fungi broadcast" about deforestation in the Peruvian Amazon, and sending potato seeds to space as messengers for non-colonial visions of space travel.
Monge has shown her work internationally, including at the Queens Museum, Whitechapel Gallery, Museum of Contemporary Art in Lima, the United Nations Climate Change Conference, Ars Electronica, and the Havana and OCAT (Shenzhen) biennales. Her work has been featured in publications such as MoMA’s Uneven Growth, Global Performance Studies, and with FIBRA in Eco-Lógicas Latinas, among other. She holds an MFA from Rhode Island School of Design and a BFA from Universidad Católica del Perú, she is a founding member of FIBRA collective, and an Assistant Professor of Art at Amherst College.